Monday, November 9, 2009

48 Hours in the Desert

No, it's not a survival story of fighting the heat, the sun, the scorpions .... it's about a fast, speedy trip to Sierra Vista, Arizona. Too much visiting to do - too little time!

Arriving in Sierra Vista around 3:30 p.m. Friday afternoon (2 1/2 hours late thanks to American Airlines and a plan full of passengers -- on a plane not ready to fly!) I had less than 48 hours to visit.

My oldest son Chris (25) got married. I had a new daughter-in-law to meet (Regina, a jewel of a girl I adore). I had two new grandchildren to meet and fall in love with (Morgan, a 9 year old boy and Cameron, a 7 year old girl).

I also got to see my youngest son, Justin (21). He was stateside from South Korea before heading to Okinawa.

Both boys tower over me now; I feel like a shorty standing between them. They have grown into two young men I am very proud of.

I had a great visit with both boys and my new family. I only regret it was so short (darn retail world not letting us take more than two days off after October). And no ... for the safety of the other drivers on the road, I didn't cry ALL the way back to Tucson - just a great deal of it.

I head back to Dallas, back to real life, getting some reading done on the plane and a little bit of writing too.

Welcome to the family Regina, Morgan & Cameron!!

No comments:

Post a Comment