Friday, November 20, 2009

Running behind ... again. But it's OK.

I’m running behind for National Novel Writing Month! The month is 2/3 over. I should have 31,654 words written by now. I only have 15,760.

But, I’m not going to beat myself up over it. I spent a few days with my boys in Arizona and I enjoyed spending every moment I could with them and my son’s new family.

Also, I’ve had some other writing deadlines this month for some newspaper and magazine articles. Those are just as important to my writing goals as the novel is.

Do you know what the best part of the newspaper articles has been? I met two fascinating ladies: Liz Pevytoe, hobby worm farmer, and Jennifer O’Reilley, environmentalist Keller employee.

Both of these women were a delight to interview for the articles. They are passionate and committed to living a green lifestyle. Their values resonate with many of my inner beliefs. Both women incorporate green activities in their everyday lives: recycling, composting, food-coops, reusable shopping bags and more. They actively promote and encourage activities good for a healthier earth; Liz to her friends, acquaintances and two young daughters and Jennifer to her friends and her workplace. Liz and Jennifer both ‘walk the talk’ and I am honored to have met them.

No comments:

Post a Comment